In order for you to create a Lifespan.io account and use our services, we need to collect and process some of your information. Depending on your use of the Service, this may include:
- information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms as part of the Service, including if you register as a user of the Service, subscribe to email updates, upload or submit any material through the Service, or request any information
- your login and password information, in connection with account registration and sign in
- details of any requests or transactions made through the Service
- information regarding your activity on and interaction with the Service, such as IP address
- information you send to us directly (support emails, questions, etc)
- information submitted to the Service in form of comments and messages to other users
This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users of the Service:
- payment information you provide
- your password information
- your IP address
- your phone number
- communications you send to us, such as support emails and questions
We will not share your information with any third-party services, except when necessary to provide Lifespan.io’s Service to you (such as with our payment processing company). We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe doing so is necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or protect our legal rights.
Data Shared Only With Project Creators
When you contribute to a project, the project’s creator will receive your account name, the amount you have pledged, and the reward you have selected. Creators will never receive a contributor’s credit card details or other payment information.
If a project you have backed is successfully funded, the creator may also receive information needed to provide your reward, such as email and shipping address.
When you create an account on Lifespan.io, we create a basic profile page for you consisting of some of your information, such as your account name, and metrics on the Service, such as projects you’ve created. Whenever your account name appears on the site (for instance, when you post comments, send messages, or contribute to projects), users of the Service can click your account name to see your profile. Here is some of the information that will be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on the site:
- your account name and the date it was created
- any information you choose to add to your profile, such as picture or biography
- projects you have created on the Service
- projects you have contributed to on the Service
- public comments you have posted on the Service
Uses of Your Data
We will use the personal information you provide for the following purposes:
- identify you when logging in to the Service
- enable us to provide you with the features of the Service
- allow us to contact you regarding any question you ask of us
- send you information we believe will be of use to you or which you have requested of us
- analyze the use of the Service to improve available content on and performance of the Service
- other purposes that we disclose to you when we request your information
Modifying Your Information
If you are a registered user of the Service, we provide you with tools and account settings to access or modify the personal information you provided to us. To modify this information, please log in to the Service and visit your account page.
Changes to this Policy
If you have any questions or suggestions for us, please contact us. Thank you.
UPDATED AUGUST 2014